Thursday, January 20, 2011

business or pleasure?

A new job.
Working closely with CEO's/VP of company.
Going on my first business trip in Texas to meet all the big boyz of the industry.
Over 60 appointments during the 3 day event.
Awesome hotel.
Steaks, Texas food (!), massages...pretty much anything I want!
Trips to historic sights and classy restaurants.
Awesome connections and new friends/collegues.

Missed the flight I was supposed to be on with the CEO's.
Flew back and forth across the states to arrive.
Missed my golf tee time with the boyz. (THANK GOODNESS!!! haha)
Arrived late to find my assigned clothing covered in lotion in my bag.
Makeup brushes covered in nailpolish.
Alarm didn't work.
Burnt an iron mark into the butt of my pants.
Got sick on the bus.
2 days consumed by a migrane.
blisters.




I'll spare you some details, but I think I made an AWESOME first impression, no?! :)



My favorite part of Texas
The final battle at The Alamo was on my birthday. Is that a good or bad thing?!

4 comments:

  1. oh emily! we need a good chat! glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post. I love you Emily!! I am sure you left a perfect impression. I love the Alamo!! It kind of has new meaning for you....you know..."Remember the Alamo". You'll "remember" this trip. Always store your bathroom stuff in ziplocs when you travel and dramamine is your friend. Take it along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda laughing. It was a great way to sum it all up. Even though I am sure you weren't laughing at the moment. I sure think you are awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love this story.

    ReplyDelete