Wednesday, June 29, 2011

(not so) secret stash.

A few weeks ago, I went on a fun all day outing with a lot of friends and family. I wanted to have something just in case everyone got hungry, so I came prepared. I bought a TON of junk food. I figured everyone would be hungry in the car, right?

Wrong. No one ate anything. Weird. So when the week started up I figured they would be good snacks at the office. I brought them to the office, stuck them in a drawer and didn't really pay any attention to it all. Until yesterday.

A co-worker walked past my desk as I happened to pull something from the same drawer. "oh my gosh! LOOK AT ALL THAT FOOD!" he exclaimed loud enough for the whole office to hear. I, embarrassed, hurried to shut my drawer, but it was too late. Co-workers gathered around to see my drawer. It was a spectacle. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't work at a nutrition company. Or if the day before I printed up my own personalized meal plan with a set caloric intake that our company generated and I was overseeing. I felt like I had a big scarlet letter taped to my forehead!

Thank goodness today some vendors brought in dozens of donuts. Misery loves company.

If anyone knows how to find motivation for working out and eating healthy during the fiscal year end, please let me know. (You can find me next to the chewy chips ahoy).

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Today I sat on the couch and ate Whopper Ice Cream.

    ReplyDelete