Monday, July 18, 2011

your advice please...

There are a few things that I have been tossing around and I just don't know a whole lot about. I have been doing so much research, but I'd love to have some opinions, too. Now's the time your expertise will come in handy!



1. I have been trying to decide whether to buy a new laptop or a new car. (haha, I know...big difference, right?) I'd love a MacBook Pro, and I'd love a compact SUV. Decisions, decisions...help!?

2. If I were to get a new car, I'm loving the new Toyota Venza. But all the commercials are of grandparents claiming they are cool. Is this car an old person car?
I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the VW Tiguan.  I'm going to test drive one tomorrow.  Not the highest reviews, and it can get a little pricy for all the upgrades and premium fuel, but in return you get something cute and comfortable to drive in. Any other suggestions? After driving an Accord, I'm liking the SUV/Crossover idea...

3. Renters Insurance. Any good companies you would recommend? The price is pretty much the same across the board, but recommendations can go a long way. I have been looking into State Farm...

4. I have been dying to go to Central or South America. If you had a week to not only relax but get a taste of the culture, where would you go?


I promise something more entertaining later!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Venza- super cute!! After owning 3 VW's, I will never own one again... They were super cute and fun to drive, but the repair costs were INSANE! Then, we had to replace the whole engine in Bryan's jetta, that was soooooooooo super expensive- and it only had 100k miles... Never again. :) We have decided that we will only buy Nissans, Toyotas, Hondas, ect from now on... Just my opinion though :)

    When we have State Farm- had them for renters too. They were great. Super easy to work with.

    Vaca!! I would go anywhere right about now!! LOL!!

    Good luck Em!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go to Brazil (but that's because I love my Brazilian friends, and it's the only South-American language that I (sort of) speak.

    AS for the car vs. laptop - we drive a minivan, so I can't help you there! :) It's paid off, though. That's my only suggestion ... buy a car you can pay cash for - it will make you a VERY happy person. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and as far as insurance goes, our ins Agent is Mike Lamb (American Family Ins) in Orem. He's super awesome, and he's been our agent for... 4 years? We had renters/auto through him for forever, and now we insure our home, cars, and motorcycle through him. We had life insurance through him at one point, but dropped it when Russ joined the military, because military life ins is infinitely cheaper.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, I'd suggest you figure out which thing you need more or will need sooner. But, if you know you LOVE something, I bet you'll still prefer it later; that's what I've always found. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay.

    1) I believe in the power of a working car, even if it isn't your favorite car. I believe even more strongly in the power of an awesome computer. I've LOOOOOVED my MacBook Pro. Like LOVED. I vote laptop. Besides, you'll have more money later.

    2) If you go with the car, I'd say go with what you test drive that you love. I'll covet your SUV crossover if you get one. JEALOUS.

    3) I have Farmers. They work. No real opinion here.

    4) Wherever you go, can I come? I really really really want to go to Peru. REALLY. Or maybe Argentina?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love our mac!! As for a car I know we will end up getting a mini van when our cars die on us. I always wanted an suv (they are cooler...lets be honest) But I have gotten over the cool factor and realized mini vans are cheaper and have better gas mileage. oh well... But if you have the money and need a different car GO FOR IT!

    We have state farm and have been happy with them for Renters insurance.

    Well brazil would be fun because you speak the language. But peru and Guatemala is cool because of the mayan ruins! a must see! I wish I could go on a vacation with you!!! SOME DAY! Love ya

    ReplyDelete