1. I want to be Skeeter's best friend. Really. And not the Hilly type of best friend.
2. I just love Celia Foote. Her husband is a winner, too.
3. Did Aibileen ever think about just coming to visit Mae Mobley? It's not like she is dying (and they live in the same town)... She needs her!
4. New York?! I kinda hated that part...yeah, yeah that's great you got a killer job while your friends lose theirs and have to deal with all the crap from your book. Super cool.
5. That whole cancer thing was a huge problem, then poof! Resolved? Call me a skeptic, but I just think that was an easy way out of that story line, Ms. Stockett.
6. I don't know if I dare to see the movie...it is all just so perfect in my head.
7. COME BACK, STUART!
8. Did it really take almost a year to do 13 interviews? It seems like she went over to Aibileen's house a few times a week. She totally could have written it faster.
9. Niceville, Mississippi? Really? You didn't think they would figure that one out?
10. COME BACK, STUART!
I am majorly skeptical about seeing movies of books, particularly movies of books that I love. But EM. OH EMILY. This movie was fantastic. Really very much like I pictured. The characters were amazing and I just thought it was incredibly well done.
ReplyDeleteBut good choice on this book, I loved it.
still on my list to read
ReplyDeletehow come this is the first time i'm reading this list!!!! i love it.
ReplyDelete