President Uchtdorf gave a talk in this last General Conference titled Of Regrets and Resolutions. In it he says the following:
"Isn't it true that we often get so busy? And, sad to say, we even wear our busyness as a badge of honor, as though being busy, by itself, was an accomplishment or sign of a superior life. Is it?"
After hearing this, I have thought a lot about what he said. I have made a conscious effort to make more time for what is important, and to not get in the mindset that somehow being busy is superior. It always bothers me when people don't care to make time for one another, and I never want to be one of those people.
As a little side note, last weekend I went up to Idaho with many of my relatives to watch my uncle win the state championship in football. It was so much fun! My favorite part though was getting there and seeing the look on my nephews face when he saw me. He was so excited to see everyone that he was shouting and jumping and could hardly figure out what to do with so much excitement. He would come sit on my lap and would whisper in my ear and grab my face in between his shrieks of excitement. The next day, we went out to eat and he asked to sit by me again. He was just so happy to be by me. That little boy sure knows how to make me so happy and I am so thankful for him in my life. Here's a cute video my sister-in-law texted me around Halloween.
LIfe does go by so fast, but it is so important we document things. Even little things. I know when I read my grandma's journal, I just love it! I keep thinking someday the same will happen to me. I only keep my blog. That is easy and I have it made in to book form every year.
ReplyDelete