She then went on to tell us about an experience she had this week. While out shopping for Christmas, she felt inspired to look for kindness around her. It was amazing! So many people were showing love to others- she saw a mother helping her son, a cashier helping a customer and many other selfless acts of kindness and love.
As she was telling this story, it made me realize once again how much control we have over our attitudes and outlooks. I wonder how many times I have been in the check-out line at WalMart counting down the seconds until I could get out of that horrible place while missing the acts of kindness and love going on around me. It's amazing how our attitude reflects what we choose to focus on.
I'm thankful for her fresh and uplifting perspective on life, where every day is literally a gift. It makes me want to look for the good in people and focus on the things that bring happiness to life.
What a great thought! I often am the same way...rushing to get out of stores without my kids throwing fits and breaking things. I need to be more kind an grateful!
ReplyDeletei love everything about this.
ReplyDeleteI love your posts. Very enlightening.
ReplyDelete