Monday, August 25, 2014

mover | shaker | wannabe NPO maker

Family and Friends,

There are times in our lives we make large decisions that change our life direction. Over the past year, I have made one of these decisions. In a few days I will be moving to Manchester, England to pursue a master's degree studying International Development Management. I will also be completing fieldwork in Uganda in the Spring 2015 and presenting my dissertation in September 2015 with my graduation scheduled for December 2015. Upon graduation I would love to work for the UN, Red Cross or a Humanitarian Aid NPO/NGO. Let me know if you have any connections! I'm both excited and nervous to have a completely blank slate and look forward to what the future will bring.

To be at the brink of achieving this long-time goal and feeling so much peace in this decision is such an amazing feeling. Words cannot describe the gratitude I have for all of your support and love and I thank you for that. Your encouragement and support has been a source of strength.

Please keep in touch and keep me updated with your life. I will be regularly posting pictures and writing updates on this blog and instagram.

xxx
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment