Sunday, August 3, 2008
scenic saturday
I love photography. I guess that is no shocker based on my major, but I have always loved viewing art and learning about others' technique. A few days ago I was setting some goals and I came up with one to help me learn more about photography and develop a talent I have always wanted to have. So I decided that every Saturday I will start going to different locations to take pictures and post a few. Not a big long novel, just some of my amateur photos. Today's are from an awesome afternoon on Temple Square. I was secretly hoping to see my favorite photographer Angie Monson snapping the day away amidst the plethora of brides, but no luck. However after this visit, I was extremely touched by the testimony of one of the Sisters. She spake of how we can learn from Joseph Smith because he emulated many of the characteristics of Christ. As I looked at the wounds in Christ's hands, I feel such a profound gratitude for all He has done, a profound sense of happiness for all the Church has done in His name, and a profound sense of duty to magnify what I can do for Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Those are really good photos, you are very talented.
ReplyDeleteWow Emily, these pictures are gorgeous! Im excited to see the results of your picture sundays, I should do that too. Photography is so fun - do you have any beginner's tips to pass on? I feel like I've got a good foundation with getting unique angles, but I still feel like they're a bit rigid or textbook, if that makes sense. Lemme know! :)
ReplyDeletethanks, tammy! well being as beginner as they come, I feel like I have the exact same problem. I think however, something that has really helped me, is looking for symmetry and lines. Also, I think a way to get away from the textbook look is to not be afraid to use corners and sides of the picture and not just the middle. Another recommendation that I have is to browse photography blogs for inspiration. I absolutely LOVE simplicity photography. There are some local photographers that are extremely talented. let me know if you have any tips too!
ReplyDeleteum, these are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete