I first finished training Sister Jensen (in the middle), then we all served together, then I trained Sister Lima. I learned so much from these girls! They are amazing!
Portugal is world famous for their wines. For a service project, we found another use for them and made some of the Marinho's famous grape jelly!
A beautiful garden in central Braga
This was taken in the city of Guimarães. In the older parts of the towns they have community washing pools where the women gather and wash their clothes. One day we were a little ahead of schedule, and I could not resist. Notice the different colors in nylons...
The Guimarães drinking fountain
While I was in Braga, I travelled to Porto a lot to sing on the mission CD. It was so much fun!
Me by the fountain in Braga's city center
The castle of Guimarães

This was a fun Preparation day that we had in Porto. Some members from Madeira came to visit and we hit the town.

This is the view of Porto from an old tower. Isn't it beautiful!?

The train station in Porto at night

The cathedral of Bom Jesus that overlooked the city of Braga. So beautiful!

The youth that we got super close to. They are all so incredible!

At the cathedral in Viana do Castelo. It is such a beautiful town on the ocean!

Viana do Castelo also has the world's most delicious pastries. Portugal has DELICIOUS pastries but I have never been so in love with sugar than I have been in Viana. Definitely worth a trip to Portugal!

And yes...who can forget the winter weather in Portugal? Wet. Wet. and Wet. My trusty umbrella decided it had enough rain, and let me get in on the action!

The Zone of Braga

It's hard to describe the emotions that I have when I look back at the mission. It defined me and made my love for Christ, His Gospel, and life grow. There has been no greater experience in my life and I believe that every great experience in my life will be in part because of the experiences that I had in Portugal.




i've actually seen it twice. haha. and i'll go see it with you if you go during the day! :p lol i don't want to pay 8 bucks :D but yeah, i loved it!
ReplyDeleteque lindo!!!
ReplyDeletefoi uma aventura e tanto...
quantas escadas tinha mesmo?
foi tao bom rever-te naquele momento... so de imaginar as as saudades que ja tinha... e as que ja tenho?
bem...
amo-te mmmmmuuuuiiiito!!!
:)
leticia