Tuesday, January 5, 2010

the holidays

Christmas and New Year's was pretty great this year. I worked every day, so it wasn't really that much of a break, but I sure had a good time.

Driving was pretty entertaining. My parents house is an hour away from work so I spent a lot of time in the car. However I got to see festive people like this. {why didn't I think of THAT!? haha}

I also passed an overpass in Lehi and spelled out with cups it said, "Happy B-day Jesus". That sure made me smile. {why didn't I think of THAT #2}

HOWEVER....

I did think a lot about my family. Relatives were visiting from Seattle, Arizona and Chicago due to the other recent events, and it was the most comforting thing to have so many loved ones so close.

My little brother Jon {pictured so buffly above} was just dying to open his presents under the tree. He would shake them and feel them trying to guess what they could be. So this year, I rolled up a long, thin piece of wrapping paper and then labeled it "The Christmas Wand". Jon overheard all the adults talking about the present saying, "I can't believe HE gets it. Out of all people in the family..." and other things to make this the present he was most excited to open. Needless to say his reaction was HILARIOUS and completely priceless. ahhh...

As for New Year's, we had a party on my dad's side of the family and we all slept over and played a lot of games including:

7-Up {ask me how to play...the losers get their face drawn on...and yes, we played until we all lost}.

Family Shooting Practice

and Just Dance, perhaps the most entertaining and fun game ever created for the Wii. Look how far back my dad is shimmying....and look how much my Uncle is shaking what his momma gave him....hahaha. You have GOT to play that game.




Overall, Christmas and New Year's was wonderful! I hope you had a great one, too.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a ton of fun with family! So fun! I also saw the cups in the overpass....super funny. Have so much fun in chicago! Love your guts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun Em!! I love all the stories! And totally LOVE pic of Just Dance! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily! Happy holidays. I still have your graduation card on my dresser. See what happens when you are old? Time goes so fast that you miss sending those you love the card you bought them for such a momentous occasion! So, since it probably won't get mailed sonn, please know I think of you often. I love you! And I am so proud of your successes in life. You are amazing!!!! Happy holidays.

    From you old, no very on the ball, former YW leader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it! I'm buying a Wii! That picture sold me. I just love your family! I hope to see you in a couple of months!

    Love from another old, also not very on the ball, former YW leader!

    ReplyDelete