Sunday, December 20, 2009

hurt.

During the past few months I was blessed to spend time with my friend, aunt/grandmother, and a wonderful example.  This woman is the ultimate example of forgiveness.  She welcomed anyone into her home and took care of them.  She gave everything she had to others, even her saucy attitude and her fireball personality.  She's just a powerhouse of a woman and I look up to her so much. What a blessing and an honor these past few months have been.

My mom gave me a call on Wednesday to come up to visit.  I came and massaged Auntie Rain's feet and watched Family Feud.  She loves the Game Show Network.  I gave her water, and tried to help her with some soup.  Then I did her nails.  Over these past few months we talked a lot.  She told me stories, gave me advice when I had the big breakup, and made me laugh like no other.

As I was holding her hands, her body tensed.  She scrunched her face, lifted her shoulders and gave her last breath. Her life on this earth had come to an end.  I still felt her near me, though.

  She was so close. 

 It was peaceful.  

At that point, once again I could not deny that God existed and His plan in which I believe was real.
 
My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago and the hurt was all too real and reoccurring when she joined him.  I know where she is going, and I am so thankful she was here.  But that doesn't take the pain away.  I ache. I miss her and Papa every minute.  Thinking of living my life without them hurts.  How do you cope with that?

6 comments:

  1. emily, this story makes me want to weep. holding her hand when she died? it's such a sacred moment to witness or partipate in. just remember that moment, and when you hurt, remember her sassiness, and go do something to make her sing a little hallelujah in heaven.

    don't ever forget her. and write down everything you can remember (in little pieces over the rest of your life).

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many wonderful experiences that happen when someone passes from this life to the next - but it still hurts. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olson....I am calling you that because its a very special name to me! :) I know your hurting....and it is okay to hurt! The best part of this is now temple work can begin! and I know you will do it...I sure love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh. i just love you all. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Emily, I'm so sorry. I love you too and am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete