Sunday, March 7, 2010

twenty-five.

This morning I woke up and read in Alma 5. I was so happy to read this today because it is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon-what better day to read it then on your birthday!? I was completely humbled as it talked about what we need to do in this life, and how our hearts need to change. Last night I had a discussion with my missionaries about what the gospel truly does to help our hearts change. In tears, they shared experiences and their testimonies, and I realized that my heart was in fact changing as I listened to them. I am a better person for having been around all the people in my life. Thank you to everyone that inspires me, humbles me, keeps me in check, and helps me feel the love of the Savior. You have made these 25 years what they are. Love you all!

Now, I have been writing a fact down about me throughout the past couple of weeks. Here is a list of 25.



1.Never plan on changing my hair color. I love being a blonde.
2. I'm currently thinking up a new company. I'm keeping it a secret, but I just know it's a genius idea.
3. Let's just put it out in the open. I can't really handle dating extremely emotional men. Laid back is more my type.
4. I'm terrible with the phone. Both answering and talking. If I don't return calls, it's usually on purpose. I'm waiting to talk to your face.
5. I have a love/hate relationship with Sudoku. I love it because it is fun to me and I hate it because I am horrible at it. Really.
6. I have a good heart even though I am not an animal person. I promise!
7. If I were rich, I'd probably give all my money to people who needed it more.
8. I believe we will see our loved ones again, but if you can't tell, death is the hardest thing in the world for me.
9. I travel because I feel that is what I am supposed to do with my life. Not just a hobby.
10. I'm left-handed! The only reason why I wear my watch on my left wrist is because a friend made fun of me for having it on the wrong wrist when I was younger.
11. My family means more to me than anything. Literally.
12. The only tv shows I follow are usually on hulu.com. I love comedies.
13. Favorite Ice Cream flavor: Breyers or Blue Bell Vanilla. Yes, I do believe that vanilla counts!
14. I talk to God when I drive, it is such a great time to pray. But just so that I don't look like I am talking to myself, I drum my steering wheel simultaneously so it looks like I'm singing along with the music.
15. I'm known in my family for using ridiculous amounts of sour cream with what I eat. They give me so much grief for it, too.
16. I'm horrible with my contacts. I never take them out when I should or throw them away when I should. I still have a few boxes left from my mission supply. I sleep in my contacts almost every night. The reason why I do this is I am seriously blind without them. I hate waking up blind. And hey, if they are still working, why buy more? You could also consider it being lazy.
17. I love quotes. They usually have a bigger impact on me than a long talk.
18. My brothers are some of the funniest people on earth. They make me laugh so hard.
19. I love hotels and airports and airplanes.
20. When I have a free moment, I check my email. I check my email a lot.
21. If I had a bad habit, it would probably be picking at my nail polish/fingernails.
22. I expect too much out of the people that I love the most. It's a work in progress.
23. I fix things by myself. I love doing that. I read about it, then I do it!
24. I eat more than most people I know. One time a date asked me if I was going to eat the whole restaurant, too. I attribute the awesome metabolism to my mom's genes. Thaaank you, Mom!!!
25. I am happy to be 25! I feel comfortable in my skin, I love who I am and I love the experiences that God has given me to grow to be where I am at.



Hurray for 25!

3 comments:

  1. hip hip hooray! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Embilly. So you know, I also am not an animal person, love glee and 30 Rock, I talk to God out loud a LOT and go on drives specifically to do just that, I am a super blind contact wearer, your use of sour cream sounds like my use of ketchup, I am also recently 25... but I don't like vanilla ice cream. Em, it is good to know we have so much in common besides ice cream preference. That makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your post! Sorry i didnt comment earlier this is the first time checked blog in two weeks. Forgive me? Welcome to the club! ha;f way to 50...wo that is scary

    ReplyDelete