Monday, March 22, 2010

spring.

Spring.

It's an exciting time every year for me. It always has the same familiar, happy feel.

With spring, I feel like that is when my new year really begins.

I see winter disguised only as life coming all together from the past year,
repairing the hurt,
reflecting on the joy,
building up,
and recharging
for its chance to spring out and bring joy and life all over again.
{so winter is pretty cool, too.}

Spring is a rebirth of life, and with it I feel empowered and thankful.
Here's what happens to me in spring...

I celebrate my birth and yet another year of life.
{wahoo! it was a good one and will be great.}
I am happy, loving the weather and have plenty to do.
{work out routine from my personal trainer (aka little bro): check. gym pass: check. ready to go!}
I start dating a boyfriend.
{no joke, every spring! as of right now, I'm just dating a lot and I'm thankful for that.}
Plan something exciting for the summer.
{Last year: Backpacking adventure in Europe. This year: Beach house getaway in Hawaii!}
Use my awesome tax refund.
{Hello new car!!!}

I'm sure I am not the only finding joy in life right now. We have so much to be thankful for. Have you ever thought to yourself how delicious each breath is? Or how amazing it is that each second of each day goes alright? How divine our personal paths are? How helpful pain is? How healing love is? How universal and yet so individual Christ's atonement is?

My spring resolution this year: to be grateful for it all.

2 comments:

  1. loved the post! Yes i am excited for spring! excited to see you in a few weeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderful! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete