Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The One.




I love this video, don't you? This poor German Coast Guard trainee probably felt a little inadequate the first day on the job.

Like this poor trainee, there are so many inadequacies that I feel. It is amazing that God loves us despite all of our imperfections. All of our mistakes and errors.

I was sitting in the LaVell Edwards Stadium for the opening BYU game and my friend Jess and I were talking about this. I was looking out across the 64,000+ screaming fans and thought, Wow. Everyone of these people has a house, family, job, life. Each person has their own heartbreaking trials, inadequacies, sorrows and joys. Each person here will probably kneel down tonight and plead with God for something.

One of my best friends back in high school really struggled waking up and making it to her first period class. Maybe because we were taking it together and both struggled with this problem. Or maybe it was the fact that it was German and we did our best to slide on by. Whatever the reason was, she found herself on the night of September 10, 2001 praying and asking God if He could help her wake up in the morning so that she could get credit for this class that we seemed to be missing more than making. That morning, she woke up without the help of her alarm clock. God had cared enough to answer such a simple prayer! It was TRULY a miracle. (I should have prayed for the same thing, because I would still be in bed for the next few hours...) As she woke up and went downstairs, the morning of September 11, she saw airplanes crashing into the twin towers. At a time where so many people were pouring out their hearts and souls to God in prayer, how is it that He could answer such a tiny and seemingly insignificant request amidst all the chaos in the world at that moment? Our Father in Heaven loves us on such a person level! He cares for the one.

Can you imagine feeling that kind of love for those around you? That pure charity? I hope that I can show even a fraction of that love to those around me. I know I can love a little bit more freely. Forgive a little more easily. Judge a lot less. Care a little more. Help a little more. Be a little more patient. Try to be a little more thoughtful.

I am so thankful for the perfect example. Even though I am not anywhere near perfect, it gives me hope that goodness and love is real.


He truly does has love for the one.

2 comments:

  1. God is so wonderful. I am glad we all have him on our side. You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your pretty perfect! :) never seen that before...Yes, it is amazing how God answers my simple prayers...we are blessed

    ReplyDelete