Last month was stake/regional conference, and Julie Beck spoke. She said that mothers should not spend so much time on computers and the Internet while children are at their side. Even though I am not a mother, I am so thankful she said that and I want to be sure this doesn't happen. I'm so thankful the computer isn't an addiction. It is so important to look at how we can take part in the life happening around us. The computer shouldn't take precedence, and I feel all too often with blogs or facebook if it is taken out of hand, it can turn into trying to create moments for the status update or to post on the blog. That seems backwards to me. (Also...maybe I am the only one that gets bothered when I get on Facebook and one person has posted 2 billion status updates narrating their every move. Reallly loving that 'HIDE' button...) I think it is taking this blogging business for what it is worth, and nothing more. What do you think?
Love you all! Really.
I agree. It shouldn't take time from our kids. I use my blog as a journal. I send it off yearly and have it made ito a hard bound book so I have a journal. Right before it is sent to press, I add deeper feelings to certain posts that I don't want my family to know. I don't write in a journal. I was always feeling like I was committing a sin of ommission. Now, I do that as well as update my family that lives away and that is all of them. It actually saves me time. It combines journal and letter writing into one.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I try to be oh, so, careful that it is done at a moment when no one else is effected.
That is such a good idea! Is the book through blogger?
ReplyDeleteI love Sister Beck. I feel like she speaks for me. Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDelete