Last week was reading week- no classes, a week of relaxation and fun and very little reading.
It started off on Monday with shopping at Cheshire Oaks with Sister Pew, Rhianne and Katie. I had high hopes to buy a bunch of awesome things but ended up just buying bags full of chocolate. Katie said I could just claim it as part of the cultural experience. What a delicious cultural experience it was! Afterwards, Sister Pew took us to TGI Friday's which seems to be doing much better in England than in Utah.
Later Monday night, Jenny and I went to the Ed Sheeran concert. It was so much fun! I felt like a teenage girl all over again and had a blast singing every word. He is pretty amazing live. If you get a chance to go to one of his concerts, it will not disappoint!
On Thursday, I was surprised with a trip to Liverpool! We had such a great time. We took the train and spent the day. We saw St. Luke's Chapel (a bombed out chapel that is quiet place of contemplation and a type of garden now), The Liverpool Cathedral (a massive Anglican church with amazing architecture, stained glass, and an amazing tower with a beautiful view). We walked around the city center and saw the small little bar called the Cavern where the Beetles played. We also went to the docks. It's cool to think that is exactly where many of my ancestors last saw England as they travelled to America. It's an important place to my family history, which is probably one of the reasons I loved it so much. We also went to an authentic Italian restaurant that had the most amazing pumpkin risotto and ice cream that I have ever tasted in my life. And I've been to Italy.
On Friday, it was Halloween. I dressed up with my friend Helen as 80's aerobic instructors. It was pretty awesome but all the British were confused why we weren't anything scary. Ha, I guess we were pretty out of place without any blood or wounds. I think some people thought that was my normal attire. Love it.
I feel so incredibly blessed to witness how Heavenly Father works in our lives. I imagined a quiet year here, keeping to myself and just focusing on school. Not only am I loving school, but my calling, my ward, and all the new people that have blessed my life. I'm so amazed at how well He knows us and wants to bless us if we let Him. I don't know what I did to deserve to feel so much of his love and direction in my life, but I am so thankful for it!
Love,
Em
xxx






No comments:
Post a Comment