Saturday, February 28, 2015

February.

This month has flown by! I can't believe I have passed my halfway mark. As the end is getting nearer, my mind is constantly going to a career. This is my chance to do what I have always wanted to do. I feel so blessed. At the same time, being away from my family and loved ones has made me realize how important family is. I am praying and searching for a way to combine these two things that mean so much to me.

February brought a lot of things. It brought a crazy amount of writing papers and school. It brought an unpleasant amount of discouragement and loneliness, but just as that started creeping up, it brought an extraordinary amount of LOVE. 



Alejandra cooked us Aji de Gallina, a delicious Peruvian dish, along with some yummy cookies called Alfajores. It made
me love Peru. I can't wait to visit her there!

FaceTime with my niece and nephew is probably
the best thing ever.

My roommate Anna was sick, so Sister Pew came by and brought us some food. She is seriously
the best. I don't know how I got lucky enough to be included in this, but I was sure grateful!

Saturday walk along the River Mersey with Ale and Jess. We went for hot chocolate at the cutest tea shop afterwards.

We never plan on it, but I am always matching with these girls! 

See what I mean!
It's getting weird...

For Valentine's Day, Anna had a little party a few days before at our house. We "heart attacked" some girls' doors in our ward, ate a bunch of food and talked. It was so much fun. I love these girls.






I also received the sweetest Valentine's Day cards from my family and friends, Kelly and Emily and the most thoughtful package from Juliet and Lizzie and a sweet note from Chiara. I was not expecting any of it at all. It all came at a time when I was feeling a little discouraged and alone. It amazes me how whenever I feel that way, it is as if Heavenly Father works through people I love to help me feel how much I am loved and that everything will be okay. 



Every year Emily Dyer creates these beautiful cards by using a letterpress.
There is just something magical about all the work she puts into this
and all the beautiful words she uses.


The best TSwift Valentine's Day Card anyone could ask for!
She sure knows me well! Thanks Kelly!

Valentine's Day was awesome. Eva Boussia, Priscilla Borba and Jenny Nudd
came over to my place and we shopped for food, made delicious enchiladas,
Jenny brought these amazing sugar cookies and we watched
10 Things I Hate About You. Best day ever. 

My brother is getting married! Jazmin asked me to be her bridesmaid
and I couldn't be more excited. Let the dress shopping begin!
I went with the bishop and his wife to an emotional health convention in Huddersfield for my calling. It was a beautiful day, both outside and in the meeting. It is so encouraging to me to see the church here work to understand and love all members and dedicate so much of their time to do so.
My Planning and Managing girls and I presented to the donors of the university. Here we are with our professors, Dr. David Hulme, Dr. Admos Chimhowu, and Dr. Uma Kothari. Dr. Chimhowu has such an amazing teaching technique in which he allows his students to feel valued and equal. His compassion and his desire to help elicits only the greatest respect from his students. I hope I can teach others in this manner.

A few months ago I had purchased tickets to a concert to see Andrew McMahon
at the Gorilla with Priscilla. It turned out to be a nice fun break from studying.
The Gorilla is a venue that is built under one of the bridges in Manchester.
Pretty cool place.



And last but not least, I booked my flight home! By some miracle, it worked out to be the same price to fly directly versus stopping in Iceland for a few days and going to the Blue Lagoon for the whole spa package. I don't think you have to guess which option I took. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment