CAERNARFON
BEAUMARIS- ISLE OF ANGLESEY
| The view of Snowdonia from Beaumaris Castle |
LLANFAIRPWLLGWYNGYLLGOGERYCHWYRNDROBWLLLLANTYSILIOGOGOGOCH TRAIN STATION
| The longest train station name in the world. This was a fun little stop. |
TRAIN RIDE TO SOUTHERN WALES
| Trains allow a view that no motorways can offer. I'm left breathless every time. I love having trains as a form of transportation because I see so much more. |
| Wales is beautiful BTW. |
MERTHYR TYDFIL
As we arrived in the town- thank goodness my ancestors left :)- everything was closing for the weekend. Oops. I didn't think about that. We had just taken a 5 hour train ride to get there and I didn't think I would ever come back, so I wanted to make this trip be meaningful and count for something. My friend suggested we call the cemeteries to see if the sexton had record of the graves. We called and someone from the city council answered. She said that she had the coordinates of Nathaniel's grave! What a miracle! But, she then mentioned that he did not have a headstone, the grave was unmarked, and everyone was going home for the weekend in about 15 minutes. I called a taxi and was at the cemetery in 10 minutes...that was the fastest I have ever moved in my life.
When I arrived, the cemetery workers at Cefn Cemetery were mapping out the coordinates. They placed a rock on his grave and showed me how they determined which one it was.
To have had this experience and to spend a few minutes honoring him was emotional and priceless. In my heart I prayed with gratitude for who he was, for his sacrifices, for his children. I wanted him to feel as I was paying my respects that he was being honored and I felt very strongly that was acknowledged. I am so thankful for the bond that I felt. I am thankful for the angels that helped along the way so that I could have this experience and for the peace and love I felt while I was there.
| The grave of Nathaniel Edmunds |
![]() |
| This is the road Nathaniel's wife was buried on. Since this is a road and not a cemetery, It is possible this is where they lived. |
CARDIFF
| Mermaid Quay at night |
![]() |
| Welshcakes are where it's at. |
It is difficult to explain the difference between Wales and England but I will try:
-Its kinda like West Jordan vs. South Jordan, no clear border distinction but it looks a little different.
-Everything is in Welsh AND English. Most of the Welsh people I met did not speak Welsh and could only say a few phrases they learned in primary school.
-Wales isn't as populated as England.
-Wales is prettier than England. That's a little difficult to say because England is beautiful too, but everywhere I looked was just breathtaking.
I would love to come back in the summer. North Wales is a quick train ride from Manchester and has so many beaches and the towns looked so beautiful near the sea. There are thousands of trailers in little trailer parks near the water that English families go to in the summer and I can see why. :)








AMAZING. Oh my word, this is so cool. I'm so glad you got to go!! And I want some of that yorkshire pudding. We have got to figure out how to make that big in the States. That story about finding your ancestor's grave is incredible. Also, I didn't see your gchat from the other day until much later when it was the middle of the night for you and I forgot to respond. I am still thinking of visiting, YES. Perhaps sometime in late April? I'll keep you posted on what I decide I'm doing. I have a goal to go on a big trip this year and England is #1 on the list right now. Just working on timing and money. Love this, love seeing pictures of you happy!
ReplyDelete