Friday, March 6, 2009

every living breath.

Today I am one year older!  I don't know exactly how I feel about the whole deal, but I have been really reflective on life.  I woke up and thanked God this morning for all my breaths, for my experiences, for my loved ones.  I cannot get over the fact that I am blessed beyond reason.  I don't understand His goodness.  I love Him so much.  

Life is a miracle.  Have you ever thought about how you breathe?  How the sweet air comes in your mouth and nose and fills your lungs? How every breath is an incredible gift?  

I have been following a blog that my young women's leader mentioned on her blog.  It penetrated me to the core.  Read here: The Gledhill Family.  Then thank God for your life. Then read here: about NieNie and thank Him again.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Em! I loved this post! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a happy birthday! I was going to wish you a good one yesterday, but I clicked on the link to Nie Nie and I couldn't stop reading. Thank you for the suggestion. What a beautiful person. And what a trial! I have been following Gracie and my heart is broken, yet better for knowing of her short life here on earth.

    You are such a beautiful girl! I love reading your posts - you have such a strong testimony! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Emily!! Hope you had a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday. Can you believe Kenzie turned 13. I remember when you were 13 and I had just had Kenzie. Where in the heck did those 13 years go.

    ReplyDelete