I would love to be the perfect teacher, sister, daughter, companion, and friend but sometimes (more often than not) I fall short. Failure is difficult and I think we all feel inadequate sometimes. Next time you do, remember this:
.You fell down the first time you tried to walk. But, you got up.
.
You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim, didn't you?
.
Did you hit the ball the first time you swung a bat?
Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times, but he also hit 714 home runs.
.
Viewing Fred Astaire’s 1928 screen test, a producer noted: “Can't act. Can't sing. Balding. Can dance a little.”
.
R.H. Macy failed seven times before his store in New York caught on.
R.H. Macy failed seven times before his store in New York caught on.
.
Winston Churchill failed the 6th grade.
.
Before joining NBA, Michael Jordan was cut from high school basketball team because of his “lack of skill”.
.
When Albert Einstein was young, his parents thought he was mentally retarded. His grades in school were so poor that a teacher asked him to quit, saying, “Einstein, you will never amount to anything!”
.
.
.
English novelist John Creasey got 753 rejection slips before he published 564 books.
.
Henry Ford’s first two automobile companies failed.
.
Abraham Lincoln had 12 major failures before he was elected the 16th President of the United States of America.
.
.
.
Thomas Edison had to experiment 700 times before he had a successful experiment with the light bulb. He said,
..."I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
Don't worry about failure.
.
Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.
Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.
.
.
.
"Life's real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up."
No comments:
Post a Comment