Dad,
In a world that has so many surprises, scares and hard times, I am so glad I have you in it to help me through.
If I were on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, you would be my phone a friend lifeline. You know so much about so many things. You are so smart, Dad.
If I was facing the most difficult experience of my life, I would ask for your help. You are an optimist. Your attitude and the way you face trials amazes me.
If I wanted to laugh, I would talk to you in a normal tone voice and wait for you to hear me wrong. I love it when you pretend like you didn't hear and come up with some hilariously random thing you thought I said.
If I was traveling the world, I would come to you to learn how. I love it that you stayed up into the late hours before I left backpacking to Europe programming maps into your GPS that you let me take. Then giving me things (like a coat) that were priceless on my journey.
If I needed a blessing, I know I could turn to you. I love feeling your hands on my head as you give me a father's blessing. I feel so taken care of.
If I needed help buying anything, I know you would be able to tell me what to get and why. I love that you not only can help me with my big purchases, but you know how to talk the price down, too.
If I had a boy problem or needed to break up, I know that you would talk me through it and role play until I felt good about what I needed to do. I love role playing with you. Especially when you are me. hahaha.
If I needed to scare off a boy, I love how intimidating you can be. Especially to that one date in high school. He may have wet his pants and I was loving every second of it. I love that you are protective.
If I needed to know any random fact, I love that I know I can call you and you would probably know it. Whether it be who won a game, what street to turn on in some random location, or the latest news with the Kardashians. I love that you are so "in" with the times!
If I needed to find an example of how a marriage could work, I would look at you and mom. It gives me hope that good marriages exist and that maybe they are even possible. I love how you make sure she is treated with respect, never say negative comments about her and give her a kiss or two...even if it embarasses us kids.
Oh, Dad. I could go on for so long, I don't know what I could do without you!
I sure love you! Happy Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment