So I just finished one of the books I have been reading called The Hunger Games. Honestly, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. It was fiction. It was weird. I'm not the weird fiction type. But for some reason, I couldn't put it down until I was done. I actually liked it. A lot. I fell asleep and I dreamt about it. Trust me, after reading this book, those can be some pretty freaky dreams. Overall though, I'd totally recommend it and the sequel Catching Fire (I'm reading that one right now) is pretty good itself.
Next book on the list is one that has taken me a year and a half to get half way through. It is called the Infinite Atonement by Tad Callister. What the heck!? I definitely have learned so much from it and it isn't boring by any means. I just don't get why it has taken so long? My theory is that it is so deep and the points are so monumental, that I have to live an apply each part that I learn before I move on. There's just sssoooooo much good stuff in that one, and definitely about 2 billion new insights about Adam and Eve that have blown my mind. Definitely recommend, although you might finish before me.
Next...I'm trying to decide between a few books that I'd really like to read. 1. Freakenomics (One of my friends liked the book so much, her firstborn recieved a name mentioned in it). 2. The Alchemist (Because I have heard a lot about it and it's Portuguese author. Kinda love it already). 3. Eat, Pray, Love. A little nervous because I know enough about it not to really know what I would be getting myself into. 4. These Is My Words. EmD recommended it awhile ago and it has always been on the to do list. Recommendations??? Do you have any favorite books??? I just love reading books in the summer. So relaxing. Maybe I will just read them all...
add the history of love. by a lady named nicole krauss or something. you'll love it. even though the first two pages are really weird.
ReplyDeletenot sure about the first one you read...but jordan and i listened to the alchemist on our drive to omaha....it was su[er interesting....a little werid and addicting
ReplyDeleteI'm re-reading "Little Women," by Louisa May Alcott. I read it when I was quite a bit younger, but it has soooooo much more meaning now! Loving it and, or course, recommend it.
ReplyDelete