Thursday, December 10, 2009

a lot can happen in two years.

This week marked a celebration of sorts.
I have been home from serving a mission for two years.
Count it.
TWO YEARS!?!?!?
That is longer than the mission itself.
.
.
.
Then I started to think about what these two years have seen. Have I accomplished anything? Is my life progressing or digressing? Mind you, these thoughts have been passing through my mind after I (successfully) exercised {even if it was day one of successful exercising I was still proud}, and for which I have gained a stronger ambition and desire to do daily because of those endorphins. I just feel happier. I'm sold.
.
In the past two years, I have:
Graduated from BYU with my bachelors
Become a pro at editing photos
Some serious and yet awesomely failed relationships
A rockin job
Backpacking for months around Europe
5 residences
2 cars
Disneyworld and partying in Florida with friends
Coped with death and tragedy
Welcomed life
Celebrated marriages
and oh so many more.
.
.
.
Pretty much my life has changed before my eyes like the hand of the Lord is miraculously shaping it and me.
.
I'm thinking year three is going to be stellar.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU!!! WOW its been two years....so 2 and half for me i think! crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That helps me with my two year concept! Jonathon has been on his mission for 5 months!
    YOU are amazing. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy and productive! Don't you just wonder what next year holds? Lots of changes for me, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's to stellar! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are such a beautiful soul. you make me want to be a better person. I look back on the last year and think "Wow, i wish I had the same attitude..." It would have made all the difference. Where are you working? I want to see you soon girl. loves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh rach, i wish i had a better attitude a lot of the time, too. :) I am teaching Portuguese at the MTC. I agree and I think a fun night needs to happen soon. I would absolutely love that.

    ReplyDelete