I am loving Music Video Week and it only just started! This week I will post one of my favorite music videos each day...new ones, good oldies, great lyrics or just terribly funny...so enjoy!
Day 1:Quit Playing Games With My Heart by the Backstreet Boys
Growing up, I did not have cable. I didn't grow up with Nickelodeon or the Mickey Mouse Club. I grew up with public broadcasting. Until one magical day in 1996. We discovered that after switching through channels of static filled screens, channel 58 worked. Not only did it work, but it introduced me to music videos. We were hooked. We would watch it for hours, and when we got good reception, we felt like we just won the lottery. I learned songs like Firestarter by Prodigy, Wannabe by Spice Girls and many other songs with lyrics I didn't quite understand. Sarah and I also purchased our first cassette tapes because of this channel (the Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls respectively). Among all the videos, I remember our reaction the most when we watched Quit Playing Games With My Heart (1997). Sarah started screaming. She was in LOVE with Brian. Put him in the rain with a white shirt, and she was a mess (it's incredible because she was only in 4th grade). She was the biggest fan I knew. I myself was convinced I was going to marry Howie and we even got our mom to tell us that her favorite was Kevin. If someone was watching T.V. at our house, I would run over to Jennie's in a panic to make sure that I didn't miss these grown men (with the exception of Nick) dancing in the rain. This video ladies and gentleman shows some of the first men that Sarah and I ever claimed to love. Enjoy.
Quit Playing Games With My Heart
ha ha! that made me laugh! love it! you backstreet boy lover! You know i liked them too
ReplyDeleteYES!! I was a Kevin fan myself, though I share your dislike of Nick. Rock on for posting this. Hope you're doing well!
ReplyDelete