This weekend, when everyone was purchasing cards with hearts, I was in the card aisle, looking at everyone as they walked by with chocolates and flowers in hand.
I was in the "Sympathy" section.
Just a little ironic.
A few days ago, I recieved news from some of my friends that one of our best friends from middle school was facing a great tragedy. She got married 8 months ago to the love of her life. He was hit on his motorcycle and killed. 8 months.
I talked to some friends, and cried a lot when I found out. My heart ached for her. I can't even imagine the pain. However, after thinking about it a lot the past few days, I have realized how powerful and beautiful love is.
A few hours after she lost her husband, she posted this on her facebook status, "To my lovee ... Oh, how you've made me laugh these eight months and five days. I know you are with me. I look forward with hope to the day we are together again. You are such an amazing man. I am honored to have been, and still be, your wife. Love, Gadget."
Love like that is so beautiful. She is in love with her husband even more as they are separated now. That love is eternal. From the support and help that she has gotten and how people's hearts have been touched, I can see that her husband loves her too, and is looking after her.
Love transcends death, problems and sorrow.
.
.
Isn't love amazing?
Love is so beautiful.
May you all find the beauty in love on this Valentine's day.
Love, m
thank you. love you.
ReplyDeletewow...what a strong woman. You are such a good friend! I am thankful you are mine!
ReplyDeleteEm, I usually read you blog silently but feel the need to speak up now. Thank you for this post. Thank. You. For. This. Post.
ReplyDeleteLove you.
Wow. It makes you think.
ReplyDelete