Monday, February 22, 2010

Top 10 apps

Out of the kindness of my heart, I thought I'd let you in on a little secret. When people look like they are busy on their phone, they are often just playing games or using one of the billion of entertaining apps out there. Just so you don't feel left out, I give you my top 10.



1.Scriptures- I have been using my iPhone scriptures every day. I absolutely love it. The footnotes are a link that you can click and read automatically, which makes it easy and quick to actually read them and be better at studying the scriptures. Top recommendation.

2.Sudoku- I use this a lot too :) Since I have graduated, I don't have the Daily Universe to do my daily Sudoku, so this is my next best bet.

3.To Do- So cool! I live off of my calendar and to do list, and this definitely helps me remember all the things that I just can't forget. I guess all of you can thank my phone for me being dependable. That's how I'm not a flaky person. It deserves all the credit because my memory sure doesn't!

4.Flixter- Love it. You can watch new movie previews, see ratings, tells you local theatres and times, prices and tickets...pretty much your movie source in the palm of your hand.

5.Zippo Lighter- haha. concert-goers rejoice. This is a lighter. With the flick of your phone, the lighter opens, and with the stroke of your finger, it ignites. It is so simple, yet perfect for a concert and basically nothing else.

6.Tip Calculator- So HELPFUL! I can't tell you how many times I have used this lately going out to eat. You can divide the bill between your choice of people, enter in the kind of service you received, and it does all the math for you.

7.Dactyl- This gets addicting, basically it is a game where you have to touch parts of the screen that light up in the same order and speed or you loose.

8.Sleep Cycle-I didn't believe it when Janelle posted this little app., so I had to try it for myself. You place your phone upside-down by your pillow and you sleep. That's pretty much all you have to do. What it does: senses your movements and determines what phase of sleep you are in. Then, it charts every night, allowing you to make the most of your sleeping patterns by waking you up with one of its soothing alarms in your lightest sleep phase. SOOOO cool! I actually like waking up now because I get excited to see my sleeping patterns!

9.Mash-Ever since I was 5, I have played this little game with all my crushes to see if they were in the future plans and if we were going to have a Mansion, Apartment, Shack or House. All of the glories of this game now on the iPhone?! Perfect....

10. iDragPaper-Warning. This game is super lame. You time yourself and see how long it takes to unroll a roll of toilet paper. I think why I love it so much, is because it is absolutely hilarious/rediculous watching people get so into unrolling that roll. Then they get all competative and it's just really funny. Current record holder: my brother Daniel-2.16 seconds!


There you have it! Do you have any favorites?

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had your phone! I'm sure your mom loves the toilet paper one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that dream one you were talking about sounds so cool. That would be fun. Also, I totally forgot about that Mash game. That is so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I am a little late in commenting on your blog... moving with two babies and no husband will do that to you. :-/

    So yeah, my favorite apps - MenuPlanner (you put in your recipes, plan your menus, and then it makes a shopping list practically FOR you... LOVE this app)
    RunKeeper Lite (may upgrade to the paid version some day...) - uses GPS to track your runs - tells you pace, distance, time, etc etc. It even gives you a cool little graph so you can compare your pace/intensity throughout your run. Now if it only told you elevation...

    SitorSquat - a potty finder. Invaluable with a potty-trained 3 year old in the car who could yell any minute "Eu tenho fazer xixi!!" Uses your location and shows you the nearest potties.

    Also love my scriptures app. Happens to have GC talks and all the manuals (and hymnbook!) and audio streaming... basically I don't have to take anything to church besides my iPhone. Woot.

    Metronome
    WhiteNoise - keeps the babies sleeping
    JumiCam - lets me hook up my web cam as a video baby monitor! Hooray!
    Translator - for figuring out words in Portuguese that I don't know
    Shazam - to figure out the name of that really catchy song at the dentist's office
    Scribble - little painting app... Joseline loves it.
    Currency converter - for use when buying things online from Portugal. Adds in your bank/CC conversion fees, too!! :)
    NPR, NYTimes, WSJ - get my news right on my phone.

    Ah... love my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang...i went right to my phone and started looking up these apps...sooo stinking cool! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete