Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hawai'i.

Hey everyone,
Just gearing up and planning a hawaii trip for August. I need your help. It will be my first time going and I really don't know distances/what good prices look like in hawaii/what island (although right now I think it is between Oahu and the Big Island).....

I have been doing a lot of research. There are 10 of us going. Do any of you know of deals? A secret little paradise of a place to stay at? What NOT to do? Beaches/hotels(specifically location)/activities....

If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could help...I know nothing...But I could get you in contact with a good friend...she lived there for 4 years... let me know if you want

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to the big island or Maui? If you're going to Maui you should stay at the Marriot. Just outside of Lahiana. Good price, luaos right on the beach, amazing amazing place. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was watching the Today show today and they said if you want a good price on flights to purchse them on Tuesdays at 3:00 and to go on either a Tuesday, Wednesday or a Saturday. I think it's funny how specific they were. That's all the advice I can give though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much you guys...so this morning i purchased tickets to Oahu: 379 R/T!!!! Isn't that awesome!? Now, have any of you been to PCC? Is it worth the 100 dollar luau????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily - I didnt get to your post in time! We went on our honeymoon in January to Maui and it was amazing. Im sure Oahu will be great too :) The Luau we went to was just over $100 each and it was fun, but then we kicked ourselves later in the week because we went into town and saw ads for a $19 Luau and a $40 Luau. I dont know if they were any good though so we had a good time anyway :) Hope you can get advice from the people who have been to the PCC.

    One of my favorite things we did in Maui was to rent a car and drive all the way around the island stopping at beaches and hikes to waterfalls along the way. I dont know if that is possible in Oahu, but if so, I would highly recommend getting out and around like that :)

    ReplyDelete