Friday, May 15, 2015

London.

I flew in from the Netherlands and had enough time to repack my bag eat some food and then run to catch a train down to London. I originally had planned to go to meet one of my favorite people, Kelly, coming from Utah. However, she got accepted into an amazing PA school and had to move across the country...so she had to cancel her trip.

It was sad not seeing her, but I was able to see Joana and Junior and stayed at their flat. I'm sure I have talked about Joana a million times on here, but she was the last person that I taught on the mission and got to see her baptism, she went on a mission, and I went to her wedding a few years later. I am also friends with Junior and his family so it is fun to visit them.

One of the street artists that I love is Bansky. Banksy is anonymous and does a lot of politically driven work. They also use existing graffiti or items to create a more meaningful piece of art. It has been on my bucket list for a while to see these in person. Check out their work in Gaza. I just find it fascinating.




I also stopped in Shoreditch at the Beigel Bake. Heaven right here.


Some other stops were the Notting Hill neighborhood, Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, and Harrod's (aka spray all the amazing and expensive perfume on yourself for free). I love that part of London and found myself daydreaming a lot that someone would come up to me and say, "Emily, I want you to have my beautiful flat. Just because." 




Joana also took a day off. We went to Camden Markets, got stopped for free haircuts (we were literally talking about how long it has been since we have had a haircut, I swear putting it out in the universe makes things happen!), ate an amazing Argentine steak sandwich (still dreaming about it), walked around, shopped, stopped by the Harry Potter 9 3/4 platform at King's Cross, stopped by to take our picture with the Book of Mormon signs, and went to go see Les Miserables. I was so moved by the play. I absolutely hate the part with all the gross people, but I love the main story and kept on thinking about Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for me. As I reflected on Jean Valjean's life it made me ask myself, "how am I living my life (serving, giving, sacrificing) to show my gratitude?"


I'm a Mormon!




I'm sure tired after all of these trips but so thankful I had the opportunity and had such a great time! Heavenly Father watches over me and I am constantly amazed at how much I can feel His desire for me to be happy. Whether I am running like mad to catch a train and my prayer is answered that I arrive on time or if the day is beautiful and the sun is out when there was a forecast for rain, I know he cares and is interested in my happiness. I just can't get over how blessed I feel to be able to slightly notice and catch a small glimpse of all He truly does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment