Nelson is also a dear friend from the island. As a missionary we worked very closely with him and his family. He was an incredible member missionary. He has also visited my family in Utah. He now works for VW in Germany and lives a few hours away from Leticia.
This trip had a few purposes. The first was to "matar saudades". It is just so good to see friends you have wanted to see in such a long time. The second purpose was to go to the temple. Nelson's mother passed away last year. I loved her so much as a missionary and now I was honored to go to the temple for her. It was an incredibly spiritual and special experience.
The next day we went to Keukenhof Tulip Gardens. They are so many beautiful flowers and photo ops, you end up going a little too crazy with the pictures and posing even though you know it's ridiculous. Because, hey, it's Keukenhof.
![]() |
| This was a prop (hat, painting, paintbrushes, paint-mixer-board-thing included) and it was hilarious to see the people stopping to see what I was painting as if that painting was a masterpiece. haha |
We also went to Amsterdam. We took a canal cruise, visited the Anne Frank house, had some delicious traditional food and had the first class tour treatment from Leticia's native husband, Askold. I was so deeply moved by the feeling and history in the Anne Frank house.

They are my favorite people in the Netherlands!











No comments:
Post a Comment