...
I cannot afford to leave my happiness up to anyone other than God.
I cannot afford to go against what has been promised to me will bring me happiness.
I'm a listener. People talk to me. They confide in me. Every single time I am approached with someone speaking of doing something against what God has commanded, it is with regret. It is with sorrow. It is hurt, and pain. They were manipulated. They were weak.
There is no joy in this. THAT is why I want the gospel in peoples lives. The pain is unbearable. The need for the Savior is undeniable. They need the Savior just as much as you or I. I need the Savior just as much as I need oxygen or light or love. Without Him, we are nothing. Without Him hope is lost. If anything, I have learned through the role of a listener the integral part the gospel must play in our lives. WE must be strong and we must be on His team, because if we don't choose to be on His team, we aren't. When the armor is down, that's when we get injured.
Amen, sister. So well said.
ReplyDelete