I love it when people are extremely talented. You know the people who have played professional sports, then tried acting, then professional photography, then thought they'd try singing then decide they'd like to be playing some instrument they picked up and starred in the orchestra before they wrote a cookbook.
Wouldn't it be so cool to have the determination to work so hard (or the ability to do so well) at so many things? Tonight, my family had Family Home Evening. I, knowing what my family would say, said, "Hey in a month from now, we should have a talent show." Immediately, everyone was laughing at the idea asking me, "So, do you have a new talent you would like to show us??? Because we know no one else has a talent." It was hilarious. Mostly to imagine a talent show with my family. Not really the types for performing. :)
Sometimes I think if there were a parallel universe in which I was given different opportunities or decided to take different risks, there are different skills I know I could have or be good at. Do you ever feel that? Like there is something you just know you would be good at or would love to do? I would feel so ridiculous doing some of these things now, but in a parallel universe I would:
-Be a choreographer/dancer. I love a good beat and I love choreography. The last time I choreographed something was probably my 4th grade Lion King performance for the talent show, but I'm telling you, I would love it and I know I would be great. ;)
-A nurse. I think I would make a good nurse because I like people, and I like comforting people when they are in need. I like to find solutions. I always wanted to be a nurse, when I got older that desire just crept further away from me.
-A teacher. I love teaching. If there is something that I love and I get to teach it, that is when I feel alive. I remember when I used to teach and the times I really gave my all to a lesson plan, I would think to myself, "So this is what being me really feels like!" I loved feeling completely me. Teaching is so much fun.
-Hair stylist. I watch hair stylists do hair and as they do, I imagine where I would cut. Haha I always imagine it will turn out so good when I do it, but who knows. No one trusts me enough to cut their hair. Frankly, I don't blame them! ;)
Sometimes I wonder how I can incorporate some of these things into my life to feel like I am living more fully, and other times I wonder if there are more things I need to try because I have yet to find what my lifelong passion is. How are people so well balanced and so talented?
If you are teaching guitar, singing, cooking, photography, painting or piano lessons, let me know...I have a whole lot of talents I'd like to learn...
No comments:
Post a Comment