Friday, August 23, 2013

30 Days: Day 20- Pondering

Phew! 10 Days left to go! I don't know what I was thinking to do this every day. It's harder than I thought. But, I have noticed already that I have been naturally sitting down at the end of each day to ponder and analyze my thoughts (which is the exact outcome I was hoping for). I think there is so much value in pondering and reflection. It has allowed me to be more observant. It has helped me to be able to feel more comfortable expressing what I am thinking. 

When we read about many great events in the Book of Mormon or in Church History, when you think about it, most of the events have been because someone pondered or contemplated.  Joseph Smith seeing God the Father and His Son. Lehi leaving Jerusalem. Many of the strategic military stories. Stories of missionary work. There always seems to be someone that allows their feelings to influence their thoughts and they act upon them. If great and wonderful things come from pondering and contemplation as seen in the scriptures, great and wonderful things can come to us too if we show value to those feelings.



No comments:

Post a Comment