{Let me just start out by saying I don't have witty posts or amazing thoughts planned for this experiment. I'm just going to let you inside my thought process each day and we will see what happens! I am hoping for growth in my ability and ease of writing my thoughts...so the first couple days may be choppy.}
Overcompensation. I think I do it every day. Laughing during awkward situations, eating too much at the first signs of hunger, and most recently, coloring my hair purple.
Let me explain.
I went to my stylist a few days ago. He's seriously one of the best, most booked in Utah. (And, yes, "best" is probably classified as most expensive).
I decided that I wanted his signature melt. This means that he hand paints your hair to look like nothing has happened to it at all for at least 6 months. Darker roots, lighter tips. I totally loved it because, "It looks so natural you can't even tell he did anything to it!" and 2)"I wanted it to be super subtle". Let me just clarify that whenever any girl says this, they are lying about loving their hair and are completely underwhelmed with the result. That's okay though, because I totally loved it. ;)
I went to get my hair done during work because when life revolves around work, that is just what you have to do. Luckily, no one at work questions a girl when she says she has an "appointment." ;) I didn't have time to really look at my hair until I was driving home from work later that day. I took a pic so I could see the result. Here's the pic:
This picture doesn't show the top of my head, but daaaannnnggggg....I had some RED on those roots. Seriously. Not that anything is wrong with red, but when you triple check there will be no red undertones and you see red. oh, man. So then I started racking my brain, "Do I go back?" "Do I call and say what the heck?" or "Do I just tough it out?" I ended up doing the latter. The next day, I bought some expensive purple shampoo/conditioner that is supposed to cancel out red tones and brassiness. Perfect.
I went home and washed my hair. The instructions said to rinse and repeat, but also to keep on hair for 2-5 minutes. I did about 15. I mean, my roots seemed super brassy. Next thing I know, I am going out in public with purple hair.
| Rocking the purple grandma hair. It was bright outside so the purple is a little hard to see. |
I'm still trying to figure out if trying to overcompensating is a good thing or a bad thing because usually the conclusion of overcompensating comes with hindsight. The extra correction may make something turn out perfect. Sometimes it could be a disaster. I think that overcorrection is a natural output of taking risks. So would the question actually be, "Are taking chances good or bad?" Or should I just be more observant in the first place to avoid overcompensating or overcorrecting?
The more boundaries that I push or the more chances I take, the happier I am. If that equates to purple hair, then lucky me. I must be doing something right.
No comments:
Post a Comment