I found it very interesting that I felt more comfortable in engaging in conversations with people for their personality and what they have become, not really for who they were. That connection transcended any amount of time we actually spent together in high school or any clique we were a part of. I love that I was able to talk to people and get to know people that weren't a part of my "group" and I wish so badly that I would have been better friends with some of them in high school.
There was a girl there that I may have spoken less than 5 words to in my life before tonight. She was sitting in the foyer during the reunion texting someone on her phone. I could tell she probably didn't know anyone really well there and was wondering wether or not she should have come. I went up to her and asked her how she was doing. She said she was the nerd in high school and didn't know anyone. I told her we had plenty of food and drinks and told her to pull up a seat by me for the movie because it would be starting soon and she was in it. She immediately brightened up. You guys, I am not talking about this because I did it, but only because I wish I did this more. She didn't come sit by me, but she stuck around for the movie and the awards. I was glad she did.
After I got home, I received a message from her on Facebook:

so fun!
ReplyDelete